The City of Sugar Hill acts as agents of the U.S. Department of State in accepting your passport application and forwarding it for processing. We have no control over the length of time for processing or what documents the U.S. Department of State will or will not accept. After you have applied, if you have any problems receiving your passport or if you would like to check the status of a submitted application, please call the U.S. Department of State at 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Automated service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone. Live operator service is available Monday – Friday, 8AM - 8PM, except on federal holidays.
You may apply for a Passport at the Customer Service Desk inside Sugar Hill City Hall.
U.S. Department of State Fees (Check or Money Order Only)
Adults (age 16 and over)
Minors (under age 16)
Adults(age 16 and over)
Minors (under age 16)
$60.00 per applicant
Expedited Returned Mailing Fee
(Passport Book Overnight Delivery) $20.66 per applicant
City of Sugar Hill Fees
Passport Execution Fee (required) Per Applicant $25.00
Passport Photo Fee Per Applicant $10
(Cash, Check, Money Order, Visa, Discover or MasterCard)
Things you will need to know!
Birth date and birthplace of both parents ….. Living or Deceased
Social Security Number of each applicant ….. Newborns may apply without a SSN
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PREVIOUS PASSPORT OR CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION WILL BE MAILED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION. THESE DOCUMENTS WILL BE RETURNED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE IN A SEPARATE MAILING THAN THE NEW PASSPORT.
New Passport Application
You must have the following at the time of application:
1. Proof of Citizenship: Certified copy of your birth certificate (must have raised seal or color imprint from vital records of the state, city, county, or parish in which you were born), the original Certificate of Naturalization (no exceptions), or an old U.S. Passport. Minors (children 17 and under) must bring in an original birth certificate and (if applicable) their most recent expired passport when applying for a renewal. Applicants born overseas to American born parents need to provide the necessary military or state department documents.
2. Photos: Two (2) 2” x 2” passport photos with a white or light colored background. Passport photos are available at our location for a charge of $10.00.
3. Proof of Identification: Official photo identification. (Drivers License, U.S. Passport, Government Employee ID, Military ID or a Certificate of Naturalization)
4. Fee Payment:
If you are paying by check or money order ….. TWO (2) CHECKS ARE REQUIRED
Passport Fee is made payable to the U.S. Department of State
Passport Fee can only be paid with a Check or Money Order
Execution Fee is made payable to the City of Sugar Hill
Execution Fees can also be paid with Cash, Visa, Discover or Master Card
5. All applicants must appear in person with the following restrictions:
A. Children 16-17 years of age must appear with one parent
B. Children 15 years of age and younger must appear with both parents as required by Public Law 106-113, Section 236. For more information on this requirement, you can visit the website of the U.S. Department of State at http://travel.state.gov. If both parents cannot be present, then the absent parent or legal guardian must give their permission by filling out a DS-3053 Parental Consent Form. Either document must be notarized without exception. A copy of the front and back of the non applying parents drivers license is required. This applies to both single and divorced parents. For the divorced parent, if the divorce decree states that the parent has sole custody, then that parent can obtain the passport alone. The original divorce decree must be submitted along with the other corresponding paperwork.
6. The DS-11 application must be completed in black ink only. Do not sign the DS-11 application until requested to do so by the passport acceptance agent.
Expedited Passports and Renewals
The U.S Department of State offers a service for applicants who need to travel within a short period then the normal processing time allows. For an extra fee, processing time is two to tree weeks upon receipt of application.
5039 West Broad Street (City Hall)
|The Passport office is located on the main floor of the Sugar Hill City Hall.|
M-F 9AM to 3PM