Sugar Hill Historic Preservation Society Meeting
Monday, March 21
Members in Attendance: Haley Tolbert, Alynne Grace, Brandon Hembree, Karen Harrison, Rachel Schmalz, Chris Walker, Joann Burel, Scott Andrews
Non-member attendees: Margaret Neal, Erin Stachowiak, June
- Congrats to Joann & Chris for being appointed to the board
- Debrief from historic training in Athens
- Society vs. Commission – IRS thinks we are a commission. City says we are a society. We can not be a non-profit under the city as a commission
- Do we need to be a non-profit?
- Does the money carry over from year to year?
- Who can we verify this with?
- Brandon to find out
- Charter Day
- Photo booth, community room open, scavenger hunt, no table, meet in community room as soon as you can get here, event starts at 6:00 p.m. ends at 8:00 p.m., Brandon to make a flyer, #SweetHistory
- Scott & Brandon to look into making us admins on the FB page
- Wine & Shine in October
- City is asking for $5,000 from society to help with the event
- We can decide how we want to participate
- Will be going on at the same time as Sugar Rush
- Do we want to proceed?
- How do we want to spend our money?
- Oral histories
- Tablet – the city can buy using our money.
- Wine & Shine
- Non-profit packet coming from the IRS mailed to the City
- Idea for classrooms to collect oral histories we give them $100 to complete the assignment and then we get tapes and archive the info. Could be some sort of competition.
- Next meeting April 18