Each month you will receive a gas utility statement from the City of Sugar Hill for your gas service. You may pay your utility bill in one of the following ways:
- U.S. Mail: If you choose to pay by mail, please enclose a check, money order or cashiers check for the full amount due with the bottom portion of your gas bill and return in the envelope provided with your utility statement.
- Drop Box: For your convenience, you may drop your payment into the night drop box located outside of City Hall. Please enclose the bottom portion of your gas bill with a check for the total amount due in the envelope provided with your gas bill and place in the drop box located outside of City Hall. Personal checks, money orders and cashier checks ONLY! Please do not put cash or credit cards in the drop box.
- City Hall: Payments will be accepted at City Hall during normal business hours. Please bring both the top and bottom portions of your gas bill to City Hall to ensure proper crediting to your account.
- Automatic Payment Service (APS): The Automatic Payment Service (APS) lets you pay your City of Sugar Hill Natural Gas Utility bill automatically. Your payment will always be on time, without requiring you to write or mail a check. Please click here for more information.
- Online Payments: Gas utility payments can be made through this online payment service via credit card (VISA, Discover, and MasterCard), or by ACH (electronic check). A convenience fee of $2.25 per transaction (up to $300.00 ) will be charged by Paymentus (third-party, online payment service provider) to process electronic payments. Please click here for more information or to make an online payment.
- Automated Phone Payments: â€‹ You may also choose to pay your utility bill over the phone. Simply call City Hall at (770) 945-6716 during normal business hours or call the payment system directly at 855-748-1345, 24×7. This automated payment system will guide you through the payment process. Please be aware that the convenience fee of $2.25 per transaction will apply.
Your gas utility is subject to disconnection if you are (1) 60 days past due, or (2) your past due balance is $100.00 or more.
As of April 5, 2007, the fee for returned checks increased to $35.00.
Effective January 1, 2008, payments will no longer be accepted over the telephone.
Effective July 14, 2008, gas meter tampering fee increased from $100.00 to $300.00.