The City of Sugar Hill is seeking a Senior Building Inspector to serve on our Planning and Development team. The role of Senior Building Inspector effectively communicates with public on issues related to construction regulation; administers professional, courteous and unbiased code enforcement; and examines construction documents for compliance with applicable regulations. The successful candidate will possess advanced working knowledge of the current State Minimum Standard Codes for construction, effective communication skills and proficiency in plan review. Required certifications include: ICC Commercial Combination Inspector, ICC Residential Combination Inspector and ICC Building Plans Examiner.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D. and
- At least 15 hours credit in college level coursework in a related field and
- At least five (5) years of construction trade or related experience or
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related field and
- At least three (3) years of construction trade or related experience.
How to Apply
Applications accepted at City Hall, City of Sugar Hill, ATTN: Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518 or Email Jane Whittington at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications, background release and complete job description are available on the City website at www.cityofsugarhill.com.