POSITION TITLE: Stormwater Technician
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
REPORTS TO: Public Works Superintendent
This full-time position will be responsible for performing semi-skilled manual work, which is performed alone or as part of a crew, involving stormwater system inspections, maintenance, and repairs. Inspections include storm drain inlets, yard inlets, pipes, ditches, and streams. This position is required to perform technical work within an office environment as well as manual labor in the field. This employee will be required to perform heavy physical labor in all types of weather conditions, using a variety of tools and equipment.
- Valid Driver’s license
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in customer service
- Must be able to work a variety of hours
- CPR/First Aid certified preferred
- Public Works Experience preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with supervisors, directors, other departments, property owners, contractors, complainants, HOA’s, public, and other individuals needed to coordinate work activities, review of status of work, exchange information, resolve problems, or give/receive advice/direction.
- Assists in responding to citizen inquiries and complaints regarding the stormwater program, water quality, and flooding concerns.
- Assists in preparation of reports, document inspections, issue notices and letters, photographs property conditions and maintains required records.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of regulations and guidelines, maintains awareness of new trends and advances in profession, attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
- Assists with the inspections of High Visibility Pollutant Sources (HVPS), industrial, stormwater structures, detention ponds, creeks, and ditches.
- Assists with repairs of catch basins, outfalls, junction boxes, yard inlets, detention ponds, illicit discharges, and other stormwater systems at frequent interests to ensure that all aspects of the systems are functioning properly.
- Operates/utilizes a variety of equipment or tools associated with activities.
- Performs stormwater system inspections and repairs, including inspects storm drain structures, piping and ditches, installs drainage pipes; digging and backfill trenches; and retrofitting catch basin lids.
- Performs grounds maintenance on City Rights-of-Way, including removes leaves, weeds and debris from storm drains, drainage ditches, and catch basins; removes litter and debris from roadway curbs, shoulders, medians, sidewalks, and other City rights-of-way; clears weeds and brush; and collects trash and litter.
- Performs inspections on drainage complaints received, including answers calls regarding drainage complaints on personal property and within the right of way (primarily Technician II); inspects drainage complaints by way of site visit; create maps and summary reports from site visits.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- May perform additional duties, including assists other City departments as requested or required, particularly in emergency situations; and applies larvicide in detention ponds, creeks, catch basins, and other areas of standing water.
- Adheres to all applicable state and federal laws; local ordinances; city and departmental policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
Applications accepted at City Hall, City of Sugar Hill, ATTN: Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms and background release are available at the link below:
The City of Sugar Hill is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.