Immerse yourself in classic and contemporary art at Sugar Hill's new City Art Gallery. The bright and airy space casts a spotlight on an eclectic mix of changeable featured works and travelling exhibitions from local and non-local artists. Located in the Broadstone across from the Eagle Theatre on West Broad Street, the Sugar Hill Art Gallery adjoins the Sugar Hill History Center. Both are free and open to the public.
Showcasing Sugar Hill's fascinating past, the History Museum offers permanent and special exhibitions of a large collection of items collected, researched, and displayed by the Sugar Hill Historic Preservation Society (SHHPS). The exhibit includes photographs, documents, and memorabilia that highlight the community’s churches, schools, volunteer fire department, gold mining and moonshining history, and affiliation with the creation of Lake Lanier.
CITY Art Gallery current exhibition
June 29 - August 11, the Sugar Hill Arts Commission (SHAC) presents “Infinity Abstraction by Isaac Alcantar." Opening reception free and open to the public on July 29th from 6 - 8 p.m.
City Art Gallery hours / location
Closed on Monday. Tuesday through Saturday: 10 am - 6 pm; Sunday: Noon - 6 pm. The City Art Gallery at 5039 W. Broad St. is run mainly by volunteers. To make sure it's open before you arrive, call 678-541-6125.
History Center current exhibit
"Lake Lanier," the exhibit runs July 16 - August 27. The six week installation explores the planning, construction, impact and myths of Lake Lanier. It includes the following events:
- Friday, July 16 at 6 pm: Book signing with with Robert Coughlin, author of “ A Storybook Site: The Early History of and Construction of Buford Dam”
- Friday, July 23 at 6 pm: The tale of “Fish Head”
- Friday, July 30 at 5:30 p.m. Meet and greet with Lisa Russell, the author of “Underwater Ghost Towns”
- Friday, August 6 at 6 pm: Stories about the legend of Pete and Native American mounds
- Friday, August 13 at 6 pm: Oscarville and graves under the lake
- Friday, August 20 at 6 pm: The legend of the “Lady of the Lake” at 6 p.m.
history Museum hours / Location
Closed on Monday. Tuesday through Saturday: 10 am - 6 pm; Sunday: Noon - 6 pm. The History Museum at 5039 W. Broad St. is run mainly by volunteers. To make sure it's open before you arrive, call 678-541-6125.
Made Possible by
The City of Sugar Hill wishes to thank the Sugar Hill Historic Preservation Society and the Sugar Hill Arts Commission. The gallery and museum are staffed by a combination of volunteers from the SHHPS, the Arts Commission, and City of Sugar Hill staff.