The City of Sugar Hill is accepting submissions for the city’s first photo contest. The “Sweet Life” Photo Contest provides an opportunity for participants to share what makes life in Sugar Hill so “sweet” through images that tell the city’s story.
The goal of this project is to celebrate Sugar Hill; therefore all photos entered must be composed of objects, people and locations within the Sugar Hill area. This can include unincorporated Gwinnett within one mile of the City of Sugar Hill’s boundary line. Photos must also be taken after January 2017. A judging panel will select image that best depicts the “Sweet Life” in Sugar Hill in each of the categories below. Winning photographs will be displayed inside City Hall for one month and the photographers will be honored at an upcoming City Council Meeting. Winning photos will also be on display on the city’s website.
- Environment – These photos should depict the natural environment in Sugar Hill. This could include local parks, trails or your own back yard.
- Community – These photos should depict building community. These photos could include people experiencing fireworks at E.E. Robinson, concerts at The Bowl, playing soccer at the park, dining out with friends and more.
- Architecture – These photos should include buildings and structures. These could include homes, restaurants, stores, the E Center or other structures.
- “Sweet Life” – These photos will represent why life in Sugar Hill is the “Sweet Life”.
The submission period is April 18, 2018 – September 30, 2018
Digital photos only
Photos should follow the following guidelines:
- High resolution (3300 x 4200 pixels, 300 dpi)
- .jpeg format
- Size not to exceed 8MB each (unzipped)
Photos must be submitted individually
File name must follow this format:
Category_Title_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name
Limit of eight photo submissions per photographer
Photos can be submitted for a maximum of two categories each
Please indicate in your email which category you are submitting the photo for
Submitted photos become property of the City of Sugar Hill and may be displayed or utilized by City of Sugar Hill or the city’s affiliated groups (i.e. the Arts Commission, the Historic Preservation Society, etc.). Photos may be used in city-related materials (e.g.) the website, in advertising, publications, etc.) without compensation.
Submit the photos along with contact information to include name, telephone number, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org