Title: Downtown Coordinator
Reports To: Community & Economic Development Director
This position is responsible for support of all downtown businesses, including tenants in the E Center and Suite Spot, as well as innovative projects, programming, trainings, and relationship building to encourage entrepreneurship, economic development, and community engagement. The Downtown Coordinator will provide support to the Community & Economic Development Director, Downtown Development Authority (DDA), and city administration to assist in creating unique, meaningful, and engaging experiences in downtown Sugar Hill.
Typical Duties and Expectations
- Serve as primary liaison between the city and E Center tenants on all functions and processes including but not limited to communicating regularly with tenants, provide support as necessary, overseeing all lease and rental agreements including payment tracking.
- Oversee aspects of operations within the Suite Spot; resolve support requests from members and tenants; provide ongoing proactive communication and respond to questions, concerns, and ideas.
- Recruit and manage new members and tenants; provide tours and administer leasing, memberships, access and collection of fees and lease payments.
- Coordinate and execute comprehensive programming to support the success of our downtown businesses through partnership with related organizations and professionals; establish and leverage strong relationships with relevant partners including the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, U.S. Small Business Administration, SCORE, and others.
- Work collaboratively with other Community & Economic Development staff to promote a positive ambient experience for downtown guests and business owners through communication, events, experiences and details in downtown.
- Serve as the staff liaison between the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) and the city; including taking and posting meeting minutes, creating agendas, member training, Georgia Main Street tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Provide monthly report to the DDA and Finance Director reflecting Suite Spot memberships, Main Street progress, operations, and additional reports as needed.
- Develop, coordinate, execute and document a comprehensive downtown annual work plan for the Georgia Main Street program in conjunction with the Main Street Board and DDA.
- Engage business owners as partners and sponsors
- Exercise independent judgment: evaluate and analyze issues and recommend and implement solutions; provide leadership, direction and guidance in strategies, policy development and priorities related to downtown development.
- Provide staff assistance to city supported boards and community groups in the form of strategic planning support and meeting management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Applications accepted at City Hall, City of Sugar Hill, ATTN: Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518, or emailed to email@example.com. Application forms and background release are available at the link below:
The City of Sugar Hill is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.