This full-time, exempt position is responsible for assisting the Manager of Events and Cultural Programming in the planning and executing of events in various city-owned venues, as well as leading in the organizing of third party rental events throughout the city. The employee will work diligently to engage resident groups, schools, community groups, and others organizations to host their events in Sugar Hill.
- Plan and implement free, city-sponsored events in various city-owned venues, particularly its downtown, community plaza, amphitheater and theater. This is subject but not limited to booking bands, hospitality, marketing and promotion.
- Assist the Manager in all ticketed and large scale city-sponsored events.
- Serve as point of contact and leader of multiple groups during events including volunteers, staff and guests.
- Plan for and coordinate the scheduling of private events, rentals events, and third party events on city downtown property; execute city policies and provides information regarding fees, processes, insurance and regulations regarding events.
- Build relationships with community groups, prospective sponsors, schools, home owners associations and churches.
- Secure vendors and compiles vendor database; maintains inventory of supplies and equipment needed for community events.
- Oversee rental events in amphitheater and theater.
- Prioritize punctuality and professionalism.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge of event planning and logistics.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software, including spreadsheets and databases.
- Skill in coordinating various aspects of large and small-scale events.
- Skill in preparing reports and communicating information clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
- Skill in researching complex issues and forming appropriate opinions and recommendations.
- Skill in managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Skill in soliciting sponsorships and managing vendor expectations.
- Skill in motivating and coordinating the work of volunteers.
- Skill in establishing, nurturing and maintaining effective working relations with department heads, city employees, community organizations, state and regional agencies the general public.
Mail applications/resumes to Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and job description are available at the links below:
The City of Sugar Hill is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer