Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Community & Economic Development Director
This position is responsible for executing all city-related branding, advertising and marketing under the Community & Economic Development Department scope. This position will lead and perform tasks in a wide range of marketing strategies to support the city’s various programs, services and projects, including but not limited to developing and producing high-quality, informative and interesting press releases, press kits, sponsorship packets, advertisements and branded materials, all to support city services, upcoming and ongoing projects, and city-sponsored events.
- Implements various types of marketing strategies on a per-project basis including but not limited to relationship, keyword, outbound/inbound, SEO and content marketing.
- Collaborates with the Communications Coordinator in developing a strategic communications plan to support the department’s mission, goals and objectives; promote economic growth in Sugar Hill, events, community groups, city assets such as parks, facilities, venues and more.
- Creates and executes comprehensive brand identity of the various arms and programs of the city (The Bowl, The Eagle, Downtown Sugar Hill, and departments of The City of Sugar Hill).
- Establish and evaluate a marketing strategy and plan by analyzing sales forecasts and conducting research to analyze market trends and customer behavior; interprets analytics for Google, Soofa, city websites and social media platforms; understands and implements strategies to improve SEO.
- Prepare reports analysis of email statistics, paid advertisements and month-to-month trends to support decision making.
- Coordinates print and digital promotional advertisements for all events, community groups, city parks, facilities, venues and programs in conjunction and with support of city Communications Coordinator.
- Creates relationships with contracted photographers, videographers, graphic designers and other professionals to implement departmental branding, marketing and advertising strategies which fall outside of the employee’s scope of skills.
- Create campaign deliverables, objectives and timelines for major projects such as new branding rollouts, advertising campaigns, websites, and event season marketing.
- Maintain the city Shopify account; create and purchase new items, produce inventory and sales reports, oversee loyalty and rewards programs internally and externally.
- Regularly update promotional presentations and materials for city staff to utilize including but not limited to PowerPoint presentations, SWAG, brochures and more.
- Conducts daily media monitoring review. Works with staff to keep websites, monitors, and social media current with latest news and events.
- Maintain media lists and serve as a liaison between the city and media always maintaining professional relationships; seek out and research new sources of marketing and advertising opportunities and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Assists in the recruitment of event and city sponsors.
- Provides administrative and general assistance to Community & Economic Development Director, staff and other City leaders. Performs other related duties as assigned; assists other city departments and community partners in promoting relevant opportunities, programs and projects.
Applications accepted at City Hall, City of Sugar Hill, ATTN: Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518, or emailed to email@example.com. Application forms and background release are available at the link below:
The City of Sugar Hill is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.