THE PROPERTY TAX BILLS WILL BE MAILED OUT MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH. YOU CAN EXPECT YOUR TAX BILL IN THE MAIL THE SAME WEEK. YOU CAN ALSO VIEW YOUR TAX BILL ONLINE AT THE LINK BELOW.
VIEW YOUR BILL ONLINE: PROPERTY TAX LOOKUP
AS OF 2021, THE CITY OF SUGAR HILL WILL BE HANDLING ALL CITY PROPERTY TAX AND STORMWATER FEE BILLING AND COLLECTION.
Property includes real estate, business assets, and personal property such as boats or airplanes. If you have questions regarding taxes or fees billed prior to 2021, please contact the Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner at (770) 822-8800.
The City tax bills are expected to be mailed mid-September with a due date of mid-December.
- The tax notice will be mailed to the owner of record for the property as of January 1st of the tax year billed. If a property sale or purchase occurred after January 1st, the property taxes may have been prorated during the real estate closing. For questions regarding tax liability in a sale/purchase year, contact your closing attorney.
- Mortgage companies are provided access to property tax information; however, property owners with tax escrow accounts are responsible to ensure their taxes are paid on time. If you have an escrow account, it is your responsibility to ensure the taxes are paid. No bills are mailed directly to mortgage companies.
Sugar Hill property owners’ bills will include:
1. City of Sugar Hill property tax
2. City of Sugar Hill Stormwater fee
City of Sugar Hill property owners will also receive a bill from Gwinnett County which will include:
1. Gwinnett County Property Tax
2. Gwinnett County Public Schools Tax
For more information on Gwinnett County Property Taxes and payment methods, please visit the Gwinnett Tax Commissioner website. Gwinnett County Tax Office Payment Methods