Meeting of Youth Council-City of Sugar Hill
December 2nd, 2015
Call to Order: A quorum meeting of the Youth Council was held in The Council Chambers at the City of Sugar Hill City Hall on December 2nd, 2015. The meeting convened at 5:07 PM, Youth Council Mayor Bryn Pugh presiding.
Members in Attendance: Bryn Pugh; Amber Nicholson; Taylor Morain; Agam Singh; Roshni Patel; Kaan Cubukcu; Aysha Jerald; Shelby Borek.
Revisions to the agenda: Toastmasters was addressed before the visit to the Suite Spot. The Youth Council did not walk the Chattahoochee as planned due to weather restrictions.
Approval of Minutes: One revision was made to the Meeting Minutes for November 4th, 2015. Aysha Jerald will be attending the monthly meetings for the Players’ Guild.
MakerFair: Kaan Cubukcu presented updates about the MakerFair.
- The City of Sugar Hill will make it a City Sponsored event.
- A connection will be made with Lanier teachers, and it is extended to anyone outside of the Lanier Cluster.
- Tentative Date: Saturday May 21st
- Students make a $25 deposit, and can either take it back at the end or donate it to the event.
- Vendor booths will be $50, and advertisements will cost $100.
- Attracting friendly competition among the Lanier and North Gwinnett Clusters
Visit the Suite Spot: At 5:24 PM, the Youth Council moved to the Suite Spot where they were given a tour of the facilities, and ended the meeting by working with their respective committees.
Meeting Adjournment: Taylor Morain motioned to end the meeting at 6:24 PM, and Agam Singh seconded her motion. The meeting adjourned in the Suite Spot.