CITY OF SUGAR HILL
ARTS COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2020
DIGITAL MEETING, 6:00 P.M.
Members in attendance were chair Donna McKinney, Drew Dylan, Marc Cohen, Chandra Brandel, Tiffany Cole, Barry Palmer, and Staff Liaison Nicole Klein
CALL TO ORDER 6:06PM
APPROVAL OF AGENDA Motion by Tiffany Cole, Second by Chandra Brandel, All in Favor
APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Arts Commission Meeting August 18, 2020 – Motion by Tiffany Cole, Second by Chandra Brandel, All in Favor
- NEW BUSINESS
- Sugar Rush 2020 – digital event vendors only – nothing other than support and promotion by AC. No live event participation.
- Art Budget Proposals
- Chandra, Donna, Nicole, and Tiffany and proposed artists. Nicole will compile list and links and continue discussion. Tiffany also to get pricing from Aneesa Julmice.
- Purchase decisions to be made by October/November!
- All Arts Commission purchases need label: sponsored by SH Arts Commission.
- Lidl – cannot put a mural on Sycamore, artistic element to be placed on or near wall. Concrete slab w electricity and lights at corner of Sycamore/20. Will determine if Lidl US will partially fund sculpture.
- Arts Commission will get input on all incoming art
- Broadstone Walls – mural or mosaic?
- Art-O-Mat has returned! – surplus funds will go to buying stock.