Sugar Hill Downtown Development Authority Meeting Minutes – May 31st, 2016
Members Present: Nic Greene, Taylor Anderson, Nick Thompson, Nancy Wren, Marc Orcutt, Brandon Hembree
Members Not Present: Scott Andrews, Allen Jorgensen, Dawn Gober
Staff Present: Kaipo Awana, Paul Radford, Troy Besseche, Megan Carnell
Guest Present: Robert Gilbert, Rosemary Walsh, Kevin McOmber-Clark Patterson, , Steve Wilkes, Jay Liebrock, Brent Norris
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion: Brandon Hembree 2nd Nick Thompson Unanimous Approval
Motion: Nick Thompson 2nd Mrac Orcutt Unanimous Approval
- Approval of the Minutes of April 26, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Approval of the Minutes of May 12, 2016 Special Called Meeting
ACTION ITEMS AND UPDATES
- EpiCenter Update: Kevin McOmber from Clark Patterson gave update on progess with drawing renderings which should be updated final version on June 7th with ground breaking set for June 22nd.
- Prospect Hill (fka The Seven Project Update): Staff gives update on the Prospect Hill project and showed the newest renderings that shows the residential, office, hotel, and niche supermarket plans.
- a) Development Agreement Revision Approval: Staff gives update on Macauley looking to extend the closing date to Oct 31st, 2016. Motion from Nancy to allow Chairman to execute the amended development 2nd Brandon Hembree Unanimous Approval
- Sugar Hill Town Center Update: Staff gives update on project from May 9th meeting,
- Solomon Project Update: Staff gives update on the extension that was granted and progress is continuous.
- Mural Discussion: DDA member gives update on the RFP that was sent out for proposal for Downton mural.
- Suite Spot : SHBTG gives update on Suite and dedicated work space all suites being utilized, all dedicated work spaces are currently leased as well.
a) SHBTG update
b) Artwork update
- Downtown Mobility Plan: DDA gives update on the plan and still waiting on full price of proposal to come back
- Advertising Discussion: No update or discussion this month
- Presentation by Jay Liebrock, Sugar Hill Distillery: Jay Liebrock gave a presentation of a proposal to have a distillery for tourism in downtown Sugar Hill.
- City of Sugar Hill Staff Comments: Staff gave update on EE Robinson park being sold to Gwinnett Parks and Rec, Also staff gave update on JW Truck Sales – property is being acquired by the City.
- DDA Member/Officer comments: No updates to budget: Motion to adopt budget Brandon Hembree, 2nd Marc Orcutt Unanimous Approval
- Budget report
VII. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Brent Norris local resident said he came to hear about all that is going on in downtown Sugar Hill.
VIII. If needed, Executive Session to discuss items, which are exempt from the open meetings act pursuant to O.C.G.A. section 50143.
1. If needed, public action to be taken as a result of Executive Session
Motion to Adjorn: Brandon Hembree 2nd Nick Thompson