City of Sugar Hill Youth Council
February 17th, 2016
Call to Order: A quorum meeting of the Youth Council was held in The Community Room at the City of Sugar Hill City Hall on February 17th, 2016. The meeting convened at 5:09 PM, Youth Council Mayor Bryn Pugh presiding.
Members in Attendance: Taylor Morain; Roshni Patel; Kaan Cubukcu; Bryn Pugh; Aysha Jerald; Amber Nicholson.
Approval of Minutes: Taylor Morain motions to approve the minutes, and Aysha Jerald seconded her motion.
Youth Council Reports:
- Presentation of February SHYC Newspaper: minute details were altered, and the revised edition will be released by February 19th.
- Aysha Jerald motioned to amend the newspaper and Taylor Morain seconded.
- Sugar Hill Youth Ambassadors Plans- February 20th will be the first meeting. It will occur in the Council Chambers.
- Georgia Cities Week
- Sugar Hill will hold a 5K/10K on April 16th or 17th to kick off Georgia Cities Week.
- The Youth Council will host guided tours of the City Hall during Thursdays @ the Hill and is working on finding an activity geared towards High School students.
Meeting Adjournment: Taylor Morain motions to end the meeting, and Amber Nicholson seconds. The meeting adjourned at 6:31 PM.