City of Sugar Hill
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
City Hall Council Council Chambers, 5:30 PM
5039 West Broad Street
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:36 PM.
Members in Attendance: Mayor Taylor Morain, Mayor Pro Temp Aysha Jerald, Kayla Roberts, Kaan Cubukcu, Roshni Patel, Nida Merchant, Agam Singh, Ethan Shaw.
- Meeting Agenda:
- Review Meeting Minutes
- Council Reports
- Tree Lighting
- Gwinnett Tech
- Baskets for YA
- Sign up for council sessions/meetings
- Youth Ambassadors
- Ice Skating
- Tour the Downtown
- Kaan Cubukcu motioned to table Reviewing Meeting Minutes and Council Reports for later.
- The Tree Lighting for Sugar Hill will be hosted on December 3rd. The Youth Ambassadors program will be hosting booths for games in order to raise money for the North Gwinnett Coop.
- Council Reports:
- Aysha Jerald and Taylor Morain attended the City Council Meeting, offered to help the Council with Social Media, and shared the upcoming events.
- Aysha Jerald reported that the Player’s Guild was successful in their show, and will be holding another show in March.
- Sullivan informed us that he told the KEY Club’s about the Gwinnett Tech event.
- Gwinnett Tech- Deadline to sign up is moved to Tuesday, November 2nd. There will be tools provided for the volunteers.
- Guide is a group of students who meet once a month that are advocating against substance abuse within their communities
- YAC/TAC would like to partner with the Youth Ambassadors and Council for library volunteers.
- Sub Committees- Council Members were assigned a committee to attend meetings and present the rest of the council with information regarding the committees.
- Youth Ambassadors will be needing to move their location for the meetings.
- Media: there will be a new segment on the Instagram and it will highlight community leaders.
- Ice Skating event is tabled until January.
Meeting Adjournment: The meeting ended at 6:59 PM. Agam Singh motioned to end the meeting, and Kaan Cubukcu seconded that meeting.