City of Sugar Hill
Youth Council Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
City Hall Council Chambers, 5:30 PM
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:40 PM.
Members in Attendance: Mayor Taylor Morain, Mayor Pro Tem Aysha Jerald, Kaan Cubukcu, Spencer Williams, Nida Merchant, Kayla Roberts, Roshni Patel, Ethan Shaw.
- Meeting Agenda
- Review Meeting Minutes
- Council Reports
- Alan with the Agapao Movement
- Progress with Senator Unterman
- Event Ideas
- Council Member Projects
- Mayor’s Day
- Youth Ambassadors
- Kaan Cubukcu motioned to amend the meeting minutes, and Aysha Jerald seconded his motion.
- Council Reports:
- Nida Merchant reported that she went to the Council Meeting with Roshni Patel on January 16, 2017.
- Kayla Roberts mentioned that the Youth Ambassadors Skating event went really well.
- Kaan Cubukcu said that the Lanier Mock Trial team will be using the council chambers to practice for their upcoming competitions.
- Aysha Jerald stated that all of the shows for the Player’s Guild are on their website.
- Spencer Williams was connected with the Shakespeare Theater in Duluth, and they are asking for volunteers.
- Alan Morris from the Agapao Movement came to speak to the Youth Council.
- This nonprofit works to help children in Andra Pradesh (a state in india) who are victims of or could be victims of domestic abuse and child trafficking.
- They give children access to education and healthcare benefits in their home.
- They are hosting a 5K on February 18th in Duluth. More information can be found at loveinaction5k.com
Adjournment: Kaan Cubukcu motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:12 PM, and Nida Merchant seconded this motion.