City of Sugar Hill
Youth Council Meeting
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
City Hall Council Chambers, 5:30 PM
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:32 PM.
Members in Attendance: Mayor Taylor Morain, Kaan Cubukcu, Spencer Williams, Roshni Patel, Nida Merchant, and Ethan Shaw
- Meeting Agenda
- Review Meeting Minutes
- Council Reports
- Meeting with Representatives
- Council Member Projects
- Benton House
- Thursdays @ the Hill
- Rainbow Village
- GA Cities Week
- Youth Summit
- Ethan Shaw motioned to approve the meeting minutes, and Nida Merchant seconded this motion.
- Council Reports:
- Ethan Shaw had a meeting with Mrs. Susan Flowers, the executive director of the North Gwinnett Coop, and she is still looking for volunteers.
- Aysha Jerald reported that the Players Guild production of 12 Angry Men will begin on Friday, March 17th.
- Spencer Williams reported that the first volunteer session at Sycamore Elementary is tomorrow, March 8th.
- Sullivan reported that he has several 8th grade students in mind for the council to invite to the Georgia Cities Week event. The Kiwanis Art Show will be held on March 18th.
- Varessa Butts reported that the City of Sugar Hill is releasing their concert line up this week. The Georgia Natives Music Festival will be held on April 29th. The ticketed concerts begin on May 26th.
- The Youth Council will be visiting with Representative David Clark on Friday, March 10th.
- Council Member Projects
- App: Ethan Shaw and Mr. Sullivan met on Friday, March 3rd. They will be presenting their rough outline of the project by the 1st meeting in April.
- Benton House: Auditions will be held in the Community Center from 2:30-5:30 PM on March 8th. The actual event will be held on March 22nd from 5:30-7:30 PM.
- Media and Feed My Starving Children: Aysha Jerald extended an invitation to the Youth Council to volunteer at a food pack on Saturday, March 11th from 3-5 PM.
- Thursdays at the Hill: The Youth Council’s primary challenge is attracting the younger generations to attend the event. Local high school bands can perform as well.
- Rainbow Village only accepts volunteers on the third Friday of each month. The Youth Ambassadors will most likely volunteer on April 21st.
- GA Cities Week: At the last Youth Ambassadors meeting, the members came up with a list of games and activities for the event. We have not decided the exact date and time of the event.
Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM. Nida Merchant motioned to end the meeting, and Kaan Cubukcu seconded this motion.