Sugar Hill Historic Preservation Society Meeting
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Treasurer’s Report
- Walking tour of Buice School for SHHPS members
- Discuss Historical Markers
- Assist Rachel Schmalz and Cathy Hyer (Suwanee Creek Chapter of NSDAR) with events for both Memorial Day (May 29) and Veterans Day (November 11),
- Memorial Day would consist of a wreath laying ceremony at our Veterans Memorial on the lawn across from City Hall. It will last no more than 15 or 20 minutes.
- The Veterans Day event on November 11 would include music from possibly the Broad Street Band, a flag raising by Boy Scouts, a military salute with muskets by costumed Button Gwinnett SAR members, brief remarks from a speaker, and a reception with light hors d’oeuvres inside City Hall. The event would last from about 10:30 AM until noon or so
- Assist city council with the acquisition of the Sugar Hill Cemetery.
- Sort through present and past plot sales.
- SHHPS involvement with master planning of cemetery.
- Include Kile/Benson cemetery into the same maintenance plan
- Plan walking tours of SH Cemetery
- Plan for Sugar Rush
- Combine with Cemetery Tour II?
- Congratulate Margaret Neal, selected as a member of SHHPS by City Council.
- Any other discussion?
- Important Dates