CITY OF SUGAR HILL
ARTS COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
THURSDAY, JUNE 29, 2017
ART GALLERY, 6:00 P.M.
5039 WEST BROAD STREET
SUGAR HILL, GA 30518
Members in attendance were Chair John Lane, Vice Chair Kerry Murphy, Members Marc Cohen, and Terence Mulligan Guests Mark Beasley, Craig Tilley, Janet Lince, Jorge Herrera, Alicia Herrera, Nicole Herrera, Staff Liaison Nicole Klein, Staff Members Scott Andrews, and Kaipo Awana
CALL TO ORDER 6:05 PM
APPROVAL OF AGENDA Motion by Kerry Murphy, Second by Terrence Mulligan, All in favor.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Arts Commission Meeting May 25, 2017 – Motion by Kerry Murphy, Second by Marc Cohen, All in favor.
- Sugar Rush
- Select Third Juror – Marc Cohen to reach out to Ife Williams, Executive Director for the Jacqueline Casey Center for art and Learning.
- Approve $200 stipend per juror – Motion by Marc Cohen, Second by Terence Mulligan, All in favor.
- Tent Rental and Hanging Equipment – Size? Potential 40’x50’. Security will be available. Will confirm size at the end of July.
- Nicole is to send ideas for tent to Arts Commission
- Nicole to reach out to local artist to determine if we can arrange a live panel painting session for Sugar Rush
- Panel Scene Painting for Players Guild
- Panels for Children to Paint
- Banner Show
- Receive Approval from New South to Place Two Banners on Fence
- Approve Tentative Budget for Remainder of Year
- 20 Banners at $35 each
- 5 Sculpture Pedestals at $150 each
- Paint and Repair Walls of Art Gallery $850
- 2 Future Receptions at $100 each
- Fundraising for Chris Walker Mural $150
- Motion by Marc Cohen, Second by Terence Mulligan, All in favor.
- Mural update provided by Scott Andrews
- Currently there are enough funds to begin the mural and generate interest. Interest should result in fundraising to complete the mural. The Arts Commission would like to review funding tiers and incentives prior to production and promotion. There was talk about throwing an “Art-B-Q” in order to raise additional funds. A date will need to be determined. August 12th was tentatively discussed, but not confirmed. The Commission expressed that it would be beneficial to utilize the crowd of a concert or other event.
- Brenau Art Show
- Will begin to gear up and prepare advertising and a large reception at a closer date.
- Motion to approve 61 for NGAA reception
- Motion by Marc Cohen, Second by Kerry Murphy, All in favor
ADJOURNMENT 7:14 PM Motion by Marc Cohen, Second by Kerry Murphy, All in favor.