The Building Maintenance Technician is an hourly (non-exempt) position responsible for the minor repair of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in city buildings and facilities, including carpentry, painting, lighting, and other building trade functions at a general level.
• Implements, and improves a strong preventative maintenance program;
• Performs light carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing, painting and related work in the daily up-keep of City assets;
• Cost-effectively address building maintenance and related issues;
• Assists with the planning, preparation, and administration of projects involving City facilities;
• Assists with custodial services, energy conservation, facility capital projects, tenant improvement projects;
• Keeps current with best practices in work methods, organizational structure, technology and use of materials in the field of building management and proposes need changes that are cost effective, provide quality of life for staff and patrons, are efficient and provide for redundancy and flexibility;
• Monitors and ensures compliance with various required inspections for each facility (Fire Marshal, Elevator Inspections, Alarm systems, boilers, back flow inspections, and fire extinguishers); and
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Applications accepted at City Hall, City of Sugar Hill, ATTN: Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518 or Email Jane Whittington at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications, background release and complete job description are available at the link below.