POSITION TITLE: Park Maintenance
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Recreation
REPORTS TO: Parks Manager
This full-time position will be responsible for performing routine maintenance of grounds such as mowing grass, picking up trash, and basic equipment maintenance. This position requires the incumbent to spend a majority of the workday outside in all elements. Position will require some holidays and weekend scheduling. Be able to operate a variety of machinery and tools associated with projects and work activities, which may include utility vehicle, weed eater, edger, leaf blower, shovel, rake, various janitorial and hand tools.
• Valid Driver’s license
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Experience in customer service
• Must be able to work a variety of hours
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• CPR/First Aid certified preferred
• Learn to use park equipment
• Work independently and take action on work-related issues
• Take direction and follow established policies and procedures
• Establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Work effectively both as part of a group or team as well as independently to achieve common goals
• Evaluate situations, identify problems, and exercise initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines
• Interpret and follow oral and written instructions
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Perform basic arithmetic calculations with accuracy
• Lift and carry 50 lbs. of static weight
• Bend, stoop, reach, carry, crawl, climb and lift as necessary to perform assigned duties
• Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload and meet strict deadlines
Applications accepted at City Hall, City of Sugar Hill, ATTN: Jane Whittington, City Clerk, 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms and background release are available at the link below:
The City of Sugar Hill is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.